Vision and Mission of the FSJSC
Fort St John Soccer is committed to following guidelines presented by FIFA and Canada Soccer. The Long Term Player Development Model and Grassroots program has been created to ensure as many kids as possible develop skills needed to excel in sport.
Within the lower age groups, we focus on physicall literacy which is defined by the International Physical Literacy Association as:
"Physical literacy is the motivation, confidence, physical competence, knowledge, and understanding to value and take responsibility for engagement in physical activities for life." May 2014
We model our program using our governing body's outline.
To be known as a club where there is enjoyable participation in the sport of soccer and continual player development at all ages and at both the recreational and competitive levels.
To administer, promote and encourage participation and interest in soccer for all players and members and to develop the highest possible standards of fair play, competition, sportsmanship, self-discipline, skill development, teamwork, courage, perseverance and citizenship of this community.
Goals and Objectives
Our goals and objectives are to:
- To encourage team competition, good sportsmanship, fellowship, fitness and fun for youth participants at all times and in all aspects of the game of soccer
- To encourage and promote continual player skill development
- To encourage and promote continual referee development
- To encourage and promote continual coach development
- To develop and promote enjoyment and competition for its members in all aspects of the game of soccer
- To foster the continual growth of the FSJSC in terms of the programs and the level of competition it offers and the variety of leagues in which it can participate
- To operate as a non-profit organization, open to all members of the community
- To govern the FSJSC in a fiscally responsible, transparent, and accountable manner
- To raise funds as directed by the Executive by charging fees and soliciting/receiving money and property as may seem conducive to the Club’s objectives
- To ensure all rules and regulations of the NWPSA and the ASA are adhered to at all times and in all aspects of the game of soccer
- To ensure FIFA Laws of the Game, Code of Ethics and FIFA Fair Play are applied to the game of soccer
- To represent the City of Fort St. John and the FSJSC in a positive manner